The brass and plate in St James's Church reflects,
not only the light created by human beings, but also, symbolically,
the light of the Holy Spirit.
The eagle lectern, made of brass, was presented by Lady Ward. It is
supported by four bird-like feet and just above these is an inscription
‘To the glory of God and in memory
of Emily E. Ward 1882’. Our first two vicars married members
of the Ward family.