St James's Church, Hampton Hill

St James's vicars through the years | Revd Fitzroy John Fitz Wygram | Revd Henry Bligh | Revd Charles Robert Job | Revd Richard Coad-Pryor | Revd Frederick Pearce Pope Harvey | Revd Rupert Hoyle Brunt | Revd John Nicholas Chubb | Revd Brian Leathard | Revd Peter Vannozzi

St James's Vicars through the years


Previous vicars

" "
When the church was built, the Revd Fitzroy John Fitz Wygram, M., was appointed its first vicar and the building was consecrated in honour of St. James on December 11th, 1863, by Bishop Tait, Bishop of London.

There have been nine previous vicars at St James's Church from its consecration until the present day. The Revd Fitzroy John Fitzwygram was vicar from 1863 to 1881, the Hon & Revd Henry Bligh from 1881 to 1893, the Revd Charles Robert Job from 1894 to 1914, the Revd Richard Coad-Pryor from 1914 to 1923, the Revd Frederick Pearce Hope Harvey from 1923 to 1950, the Revd Rupert Hoyle Brunt from 1951 to 1980, the Revd John Nicholas Chubb from 1981 to 1988, the Revd Prebendary Dr Brian Leathard from 1989 to 2006 and the Revd Peter Vannozzi from 2007 to 2015.

The information on the above pages covers the period from when any records could be found until November 2016. This was when Revd Derek Winterburn became St James's tenth vicar and from this time onwards any new information can be found on the main site's page Church life through the years: Vicars.

St James's Church
The Parish Church of St James, Hampton Hill, TW12 1DQ
Main site: stjames-hamptonhill.org.uk