The Outside of the Church
 
The south entrance

The South Entrance
Outside St James's Church is a large churchyard, a garden and the church hall. Immediately next door to the church is the vicarage.

The south porch, built on to the church in 1879, houses an entrance to church and also an entrance to the church hall. The west porch was built on to the church in 2005.
The north entrance

The West Entrance

The most striking and characteristic external feature of the church is its tower and spire at the west end of the church.

A foundation stone for the church was consecrated in 1863. One for the tower and spire was laid on the 20th of June 1887. The last foundation stone, that for the church hall, was consecrated by the Bishop of London, David Hope, during the St James’s Festival on the 4th July, 1993.
Consecration Plaque

Foundation stone
for the church

Consecration Plaque

Foundation stone
for the tower/spire
Stone with Cockle shell

Foundation stone
for the church hall

Outside the Church

Outside the Church

Outside the Church



The Parish Church of St James, Hampton Hill, TW12 1DQ
Main site: stjames-hamptonhill.org.uk